At Silkdale Living we take your privacy very seriously. This policy explains how we use the information we collect about you and the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy. We strictly follow all procedures as outlined in Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
Please Contact Us if you have questions about this policy.
- We will never rent, sell or share your personal information with anyone.
- When you trust us with your email address, we take that trust very seriously. We will never sell, lease or share your email address with anyone, for any reason. We hate spam as much as you do!
- Your personal details, such as your address, billing information, email address and other information are stored on a fully secure server.
The information we collect and how we use it
- Should you complete our contact form here, we may ask you to specify the areas in which you are interested so that we can tailor the information which we send to you to cover the topics and merchandise which we believe you might be interested in.
- If you complete our register interest for we collect your email address, name and developments of interest for purpose of internal marketing and sending you occasional communications with regards to your developments of interest.
- We may, from time to time, send with your ordered products, inserts advertising the goods or services of unrelated third party companies. We do not pass on your personal data to these third party companies.
- We may also use your information for the purpose of providing you with information about any special offers or features of our web site which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes.
Security of your information
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
- These security measures include: password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information, SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely or PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- We comply with all applicable Data Protection laws in the UK in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Further details are available at www.dpr.gov.uk
- Yes – Cookies are small text files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers’ hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Whilst we would encourage the user to allow cookies to be used in order to benefit from the features of the site, should the user wish they can turn off allowing cookies, however, this may interfere with the user’s experience and some aspects of the site will not work.
- To find out more about the changes to cookies and their use on web sites, click hereto visit the Information Commissioner’s Office or click here to read the press release from the ICO.
- The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Silkdale Living shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this web site or its contents.
- Silkdale Living makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Silkdale Living howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Neither Silkdale Living nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.